Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Happy 4th of July!

Because I always need to remind myself of the specifics behind the 4th of July (embarrassing, I know), I thought that I would sum it up for you. Perhaps you needed clarification, too. 

On July 4, 1776 the United States declared its independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain. Thus, we have Independence Day. 

I love America for many reasons; freedom being #1. Further on down the list is the fact that Americans celebrate any holiday with food (tons of it), family, friends, and festivities.

4th of July is no exception. 

With friends as good company I spent the day stuffing my face, kicking back and laying low..and lighting some a lot of fireworks. 

Video below: Check out the fireworks we lit in the street. Take a peak at the ground for an estimation of about half of the fireworks that we had that night. Fun times were had. 



A big THANKS goes out to our troops for protecting us and fighting on the front lines each and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment