Monday, January 20, 2014

Reflections

A Simple Life. 
That's what I like. 
To wake up in the morning with a purpose. 
To conquer "something."
To smile.
I choose to praise Him.
All day long.
While thankful for family.
And the friendliest of friends.
I choose to love.
A Simple Life.
My life.


While I have the mic (ehmm I just gave it to myself) I have a couple things to say. At times I find myself reflecting on life and most times I end up thinking about my family and friends one by one. After hearing from my grandpa this evening, who called for my address so that he can send me Valentine's Day chocolates, he wrapped up the call by saying, "I'm going to go fix myself a sandwich and something to drink (most likely a beer and then scotch) but I wanted to say that I love you." 

I love that sentence. Because it is so him! He eats dinner pretty late and on Sundays my grandma doesn't cook. So he's on his own. He loves his dranks, and that is not a typo. Beer in the evening and scotch for his HBO movies. And the love…well of course I love him too. xoxo

I don't want to forget the "little" things. That's why I'm writing them down. Because they mean a lot to me. I want to remember that at 8:25pm on a Sunday in January 2014 my dear Papa hadn't eaten dinner but didn't hesitate to write down my address, even after I offered to email it to him. 

And I cannot forget that just the other day my grandma called and left a message that was very similar. She was just calling to check up on me and to say that she was thinking about me. How sweet is she? I really do love her. I don't want to forget that she picked up the phone and gave me a call- because I was on her mind. 

And while I'm at it, just last week my other grandma called to thank me for a gift she received from my sister and I a couple weeks earlier. She had opened it and loved it! #winning! And somewhere in that voicemail she said, like she always does, "and that's it…I didn't want anything." Man oh man I wish I would have been able to answer that call to hear her excitement for myself. <--she had a stroke two days later and her speech just isn't the same…yet! Prayers, please xx

I am blessed. 

I think I'll be taking these thoughts to paper (or keyboard) more often. 

Love to all,


No comments:

Post a Comment