Monday, May 13, 2019

My first time in Morocco!

Morocco surprised me! I wasn't expecting the people to be so diverse and the food was SO good. I spent time in Casablanca, Rabat, and Marrakech. Day trips in each of those cities involved a ton of walking, transportation by train + taxi + cable car, and a few special souvenir purchases. 

Day 1: Visit to the Mosque, In-home Cooking Class + Drinks at Rick's Cafe
Day 2: Trip to Rabat + local markets + quiet time with tea & cookies in a Blue City
Day 3: Marrakech by myself! Market + chocolate croissant + postcards
Day 4: Duty day on the ship
Day 5: Casablanca day, Hamman (public bath) + local market

That's it. The semester is winding down and so is my time on the MV World Odyssey. I have met so many new friends and absolutely enjoyed each of my experiences over the past 4 months. 

Inside a Moroccan Home

Chicken Tagine and Eggplant Reduction
I learned how to make Moroccan Mint Tea
& I love it!

My cooking instructor + Homeowner

Making meat spring rolls

Cable car in Rabat 6 Dirham < $1 USD

Market streets in Rabat
The closed rollup doors are shops

Moroccan Mint Tea
Moroccan cookies (almond, lemon & sweet filling)

View of Rabat 

The BEST bakery in Marrakech


Quiet back street of the biggest open market in Marrakech

Postcards Home

Beautiful Mosque

@ the Mosque



No comments:

Post a Comment