Thursday, March 3, 2011

Spring Break 2011!!!!!!!!!!!

We just left Mauritius yesterday. We were only there for the day because a previous voyage trashed a bunch of hotels and ruined the city. I hate to say it but our group didn't do much better. One student is hospitalized and almost died from alcohol poisoning. We had a very serious shipboard community meeting tonight about how close he came to death. We are the last voyage to sail to Mauritius…for a reason.

But my time there was quite enjoyable. Spring Break 2011!!!! That’s what my friends and I are calling it. We paid for a catamaran for all of our friends. A bus picked us up and we sailed out to an island for a day full of fun, to say the least. The drinks were unlimited. I asked for wine (of course) and the guy working on the ship asked if I wanted a small glass or a large glass. I said large glass because everyone else was grabbing and drinking like there was no tomorrow and I wanted to make sure that there was going to be enough for people like me…the conservative folks on-board. Then I offered my water bottle as a cup because he seemed to be struggling to find a large glass. He then poured the WHOLE BOTTLE OF WINE into my water bottle. I wasn’t expecting that at all but I can say that I got my money’s worth. We had lunch on-board, went snorkeling, danced to music….the weather was perfect! The day was fantastic. Just think Spring Break MTV style. You know, those shows where everyone is in bathing suits and not caring about life …that was us!

No comments:

Post a Comment