Tuesday, April 9, 2019

February "Life at Sea" Update


Feb 25
A student meeting followed by a workout, lunch, shower and student life meeting. The rest of the day was spent catching up on emails and trying to figure out how to file an extension for my taxes and appealing a claim for my new glasses.

Feb 26
Sunrise yoga for the first time! With an extra hour of sleep last night I made the decision to wake up for sunrise yoga and will make sure to do the same in the future. It was wonderful! The sun rose above the ship’s bow and hit my eyes, the breeze created a peaceful calm, and the teacher (Micaela, my student from Chapman) lead the class with ease. I had breakfast (an omelet and potatoes) before hitting up my second workout for the day. I joined some of my friends for Body Blast. The instructor (another student named Emily) was energetic and challenged us big time. We were constantly moving and did everything from leapfrog jumps to lunges to burpees and push ups. I was a sweaty mess but loved it!

Lunch with the Captain was amazing! I had a garden salad with chicken, hamburger with bacon, onions, and french fries, and a brownie sundae for dessert. It was divine! The rest of the day was pretty standard with a staff meeting, quiet time answering emails, and a TL meeting for my big trip in India.

Feb 27
I woke up with a sore throat so I downed no less than 10 cups of hot tea and have been soothing my throat with vitamin c cough drops all day. Lunch was simple and with a student but interrupted by a shipboard meeting explaining the recent attack from India to its bordering country of Pakistan. We are still going to India and advised to be safe. The afternoon was spent planning staculty socials for the fritz with Remy and Kelly! We have a few ideas and the Hotel Director said that if we boost revenue he will treat us to specialty dining. Additionally, we had a Black History Month Dinner with the Black/African American students and it was awesome. We had chips and salsa, pizza, and ice cream cake! Pre-port was in the Kino Cinema and my students were, once again, amazing!

Christian, Kinsey, Oscar, Bernadette, myself, and Oli
Student Life Team + Bernadette, Oscar's wife

Post yoga pic with Micaela
Chapman student and yoga teacher

To celebrate Black History Month we had a reflective dinner
Our community is close and wonderful

I pack and pay for 1 bag with the goal that I get 2 in return
My packing skills are legendary!

Loving this devotional

And this notebook that my sister gave me

Some friends and I after Body Blast
50 minute high intensity, cardio and body weight movement class
Emily is the teacher and her energy is perfect for this style of workout

Ocean view just about everywhere
*Outside of the gym on the back of deck 6

Captains lunch with Student Life Team
The Captain's Garden on deck 8 is spacious and the food is so much better than the usual

I sat next to the Staff Captain, 2nd in command


No comments:

Post a Comment