Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Labor Day Weekend!

I love holidays. Any holiday. 
I love having an extra day off of work to do whatever I want. 
I love spending time with my sister and doing things that we love. 
Like...working out, eating, doing our hair, going to church, having lunch with friends, sleeping in (and taking naps) and laughing until we cry because our stories are that funny!

All of the above is what I did this past weekend and I loved every single moment of it all! I flew out to Arizona on Sat morning on a steal-of-a-deal nonstop flight from SBA to PHX!! I had a voucher that I used towards an already low fare so my out of pocket expenses weren't bad at all. Man oh man, I love a good deal!

So Kristen, who is working out in Orange County for a couple months, met me out in Phoenix on Saturday morning and we went rock climbing. A while back I bought a groupon (who would have guessed haha) for a day pass of rock climbing and Cold Stone Ice Cream!! I'm alllll about working out and eating..as stated above..so obviously we enjoyed ourselves.

After rock climbing and ice cream it was nap time. I haven't taken a good long nap like that in a while so you can only imagine how refreshed I felt after that one :)
Then we went out for a late happy hour with one of Kristen's friends and dancing at Sandbar. We called it a night before the crazies were let out {aka when the bar announces last call then closes for the night}, got home and passed out. Phew I was tired!

Me, Annett and Kristen: fun night out!!


Sunday morning was hair time and church. I absolutely LOVE this church that Kristen belongs to! Pilgrim Rest Baptist Church is fabulous. I'll say it again...I just Love going to church there (yes, capital "L"). After church was lunch with friends and a trip to Apache Junction!!!!!!!

Apache Junction is a town that's...well, out of town. We toured the trailer parks and called on a couple that were for sale to see how much it would cost for one of those beauty's. $28,000. Yep, that's it. Best part? It had a new solar roof, double pane windows, double wide trailer, 24x52 (I asked about square footage and was given dimensions), 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, close proximity to community center (who knew that there would be a community center) and...the best part...it was fully furnished!!!!!

As it turns out, this establishment is in a 55+ community. I'll have to get a golf cart and grow some grey hairs before making the move. 


After our trip to AJ we had dinner and wine with Sarah then girl talk. A lot of it. We drove back to Kristen's and, once again, were out like lights when our heads hit those pillows. 

Monday came and we slept in. That is a common theme that I reallllyyyy enjoyed. We got up and went to lunch at a fun cafe in town then I got a pedicure. A much needed pedicure. Then errands and frozen yogurt followed by some window shopping/browsing. We finished the night with dinner and catch up with friends. 

My time in Arizona was just what I needed to finish the summer. A nice 3-day weekend with a vacation where I actually relaxed. Sometimes I go away and don't really rest. I'm busy planning, organizing, worrying and doing as much as possible in the couple days allotted. So, this trip was heavenly. And the best part, my flight landed in Santa Barbara this morning at 9:10am and I went right to work. Made it in by 9:20am. 

Thank you, Kristen and AZ friends, for such a fun-filled weekend. I needed that :)




2 comments: