Saturday, September 29, 2012

One More...

"For every minute you are angry, you lose 60 seconds of happiness!"

This fancy, yet oh-so simple quote comes from a friend via facebook! I like love this one because you can replace "angry" with any emotion (bitter, mad, hostile, etc...). I absolutely LOVE this quote because it is SOOO true! I adore my family, friends and, well, life itself! I have the ability to create my own destiny, so that's what I'm doing. If there is something that you want to accomplish, do it. Find the things that make you happy and get so involved in them that time passes without you knowing it. If there is a goal that you want to reach (whether it be weight loss or earning a master's degree), find supporters, mentors and a team of folks to rally behind you. Don't forget about Jesus! He has the power to feed the hungry, supply clothes for the naked and a way of making us feel comforted and loved each and every second of the day.

So, "Don't worry, by happy!"

Have a great weekend! When life gets you down, find something (or someone) to help you pick it back up.


P.S. While I'm here and thinking about what makes me happy, I will post some song lyrics for you all to read. You should also listen to the song here!! The whole song is awe-inspiring and can be a tear jerker. I know that I have had some jam sessions in my car to this song. It was also my warm-up song when I was competing in college. I knew that I was there for a purpose. I had worked hard. I trusted my coach. Perhaps I had a stumbling block here and there, but I wasn't going to let that override the determination and God given gift that I have as an athlete. There was definitely something inside of me telling me to keep pressing on, and I'm glad that I did!


Keep the dream alive don't let it die 
If something deep inside keeps inspiring you to try, don't stop 
And never give up, don't ever give up on you 
Don't give up 

Every victory comes in time, work today to change tomorrow 
It gets easier, who’s to say that you can’t fly 
Every step you take you get, closer to your destination 
You can feel it now, don’t you know you're almost there? 

To fulfill divine purpose, you gotta answer when you're called 
So don't be afraid to face the world against all odds

No comments:

Post a Comment